Friday, July 15, 2011

J's Day

I might possibly have the only 3 year old on the planet who loves to get his haircut so much that he asks for weeks until I finally take him.  Lucky for him his hair grows uber fast, so he gets them often. I think he may just be in it for the lollipop at the end.

Look at that head of hair:


J is used to going to barber shops, but I have not found one that I like for him down here, so I decided to take him to the salon. He was a little confused as to why there weren't any toys for him to play with, so to make the trip exciting I told him that his hair dresser had red hair. His response: I like blue hair.


The other disadvantage to getting his haircut at the salon-no lollipops. To avoid a major prenap meltdown we headed next door to Orange Leaf. Translation: self serve frozen yogurt with all the delicious flavors, toppings, and overall greatness you can imagine. Ice cream for lunch trumps a lollipop any day!


Ice Cream for lunch may make me a cool Mommy, but laughing and taking his picture when he got his first ever throat freeze may take away my coolness and simply make me a little bit cruel. The slight panic attack was just too funny. Afterall, no one ever had to be hospitalized from a throat freeze. I think...


And thus completes our day. One happy boy (minus the throat freeze), one tummy filled with ice cream, and one stylish new haircut!



1 comment:

  1. Love it! Glad you're "back" and it sounds like Lawton has gotten much cooler!

    ReplyDelete